It appears that the world is moving to Instagram, and you are haven’t so far.
So why is Instagram so popular? There are several reasons for this, primarily because it is a far more visual medium compared to Facebook and Twitter (unfortunately Google+ is now defunct).
Some of the top reasons for its popularity are:
- Youth-focused, the oldies are now on Facebook, while the younger millennials are now on Insta
- It is bright, it is colorful
- Twitter is celebrity-driven, Insta is user-driven
- No reading, only a visual delight
- Awesome photo editing features, you can improve the quality of your picture while posting it
The power of Instagram is the ability to tell a story via pictures and this is important as people are psychologically more tuned to visual stimuli as opposed to text.
If you want to start marketing your brand on Instagram there are a few rules to follow:
1. If you are promoting your business via Instagram your “business” profile needs to be separate from your personal profile, even if you are the brand ambassador of your brand
2. Your content should attract followers to your brand, this is not the place to hard sell your brand.
3. You need to grow your Instagram followers, and you do this by building your profile and learning to use hashtags. Spend your time learning and researching hashtags, frequently use those tags which are relevant to your brand.
4. Encourage engagement with your brand, post pictures and content which entices your followers to like, and comment upon.
5. Measure the increase in your followers, PLEASE DO NOT buy vanity followers. There are unscrupulous vendors who are offering your followers, these are either users which are generated via bots, or by people who will never access your page. Better to have fewer and genuine followers than a number that feeds your ego.
6. Use free to use cloud-based products such as Canva to design your content
7. Post consistently, it doesn’t benefit you by posting too many posts, post frequently but post quality.
The important thing to remember that “Instagrammers” are people who shop.
Market research studies show that 70% of Instagrammers who looked up brand on Instagram prior to making a purchase. 60+% of users follow a brand just because they like the brand.
Moreover, posting high-quality engaging images on Insta help you engage with buyers without even having to do hard sales.
About the author:
Social Performance Engineering is about simplifying complex tasks using deep tech and sleek processes to derive tangible results using social media.
All images courtesy Pixabay